The Lord of the Wedding Ring?
Ballroom Battlegowns! Now with 20% more fabric for all your stylish fighting needs.
Stills incoming from fb advertisement for Channel 5’s new season of ‘The Bachelor’.
1. Why are you wearing a dress into battle? And what is up with that sword grip?
2. Why are your fingers not bleeding?
3. If I wave my sword around above my head it grants me invulnerability against all my opponent’s blows for 2 turns. Also… WHY ARE YOU HOLDING A SWORD LIKE THAT?!
4. Impractical clothing aside, I think this makes a pretty good reference image. Although I’m still not convinced that’s a good fighting stance.
5. Wtf is that archer doing? And where is the person with the pole running to? Perhaps she suddenly realised that the man wasn’t worth fighting for after all…
Notice the convenient wind that somehow blows in both directions to keep the skirts of the dresses out of the way while the women duel. I too enjoy the blessings of divine, weather controlling beings, while I battle it out in my finest ballgown for the affection of a man.
Video link: https://www.facebook.com/channel5uk/videos/the-bachelor-uk-coming-soon-to-channel-5/326009928256773/
I would actually watch the Bachelor if it was about women battling it out with swords, bows, and magic tbh. On the other hand, I would also want them to hold their swords properly. As a promotional thing, the concept is actually pretty cool but I do not understand those sword grips. But yeah, other than that, and some of the other weird things, these are actually pretty cool references for a sword fight in ballgowns!
Personally I think this is just foreplay before those two dump the Bachelor for each other.